Monday, July 6, 2009

Love never fails...

Four score and seven years ago...oh wait, that's something else!

No really--Seven years ago today, Doug and I were married in Galveston, Texas. In my opinion (and my opinion is a very important one) it was the party of the century. And many people have shared that opinion as well, so I know I'm not too biased! It was a day that not too many would forget. Nevermind that it was the happiest day of our lives-we had to call the fire department for crying out loud!!! In case you are one of those whose memory has failed you (Dad calls this CRS-I'll just leave it at that), let me give a short recap:

The ENTIRE groom's side of the wedding party PLUS the photographer PLUS his wife got stuck in the elevator for AN HOUR! And it was right before the wedding was supposed to start. They got out 10 minutes before the ceremony!! They still claim it is my fault since I wanted them to get some pics up on the penthouse floor by a really cool pool table/lounge area, but I didn't tell them all to get in ONE elevator. All 15 of them-seriously. So all of our guests were standing in the lobby waiting to see what was going on. Remember-all of the ushers were also stuck in the elevator, so no one could be seated! They called the fire department since not one person working at the hotel could figure out what to do and there was a dramatic rescue. The poor guys (and one gal) were all soaked with sweat and got a few minutes to towel off with some ice water and get situated to get me up the aisle. But nobody passed out during the short, sweet ceremony and the partying commenced! It was the greatest weekend ever!

In all seriousness though, these past 7 years have been so awesome! Doug is absolutely my best friend in this world, the yin to my yang, the peanut butter to my jelly, the wind in my sails, my boo fo shoo...you get the picture. I truly don't think anyone else could get me the way he does and vice versa. We have already experienced so much together as a couple, good and bad, and I look forward to whatever God has in store for us in the future. And I love the fact that we were both raised in wonderful, loving families that share great morals and values that have taught us the true meaning of family so that we are well prepared for our new family dynamic and adventures with Caleb.

Love you bunches! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

DC said...

She's the best wife ever!!!

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! And I do remember the elevator episode!

Love you!

"Ninnie 2"