Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Time for Prayer

This morning I have to write with a heavy heart. Yesterday afternoon, our sweet friend Brad Wims lost his battle with cancer. While I was deeply saddened after hearing this news, I also felt an overwhelming sense of peace-more than I ever have when having to hear that someone died. I guess it was because for the past few years, Brad and Jenny have been an incredible inspiration to everyone around them because of their unwaivering faith in God. They have taught Doug and I to become better Christians just from hearing their daily struggles and stories. Not once did they complain or show anger towards God. Brad showed a true example of how to walk by faith, even when he couldn't see what God had in store for him. His body may have failed him, but his spirit was stronger than just about anyone I know. They fully relied on God to get them through whatever was put in front of them, and because of them I feel restored. Take this time to praise God for ALL of the blessings he has given to you. Don't take this life for granted-we are all guilty of it. I ask you to stop what you are doing after you read this and pray for the Wims family. Brad-as he has finally made it home to his Lord and Savior and to reunite with his brother. Jenny-so that her faith may remain strong and she can continue to rely on God to help her make it through this trying time. Zeke and Kaelyn-that they may remember what an amazing father God blessed them with during his short time here on earth. And for the rest of the Wims/Crotts/Hanna/Bosse families-that they may also find peace in the fact that their Brad is comfortable again and watching over all of us from heaven.

5 comments:

Jessica Conway said...

I read their blog everyday to see how Brad slept, how he's feeling. Jenny is amazing in her faith and love and I will continue to pray for her and their sweet children.

allison hanna cassady said...

Thank you Jaime for your sweet words. We have all learned so much from my amazing cousin and while we will ache in his absence we rejoice knowing that he and Brett are causing quite a scene at those pearly gates.

Shirley Cox said...

Jamie, I love what you had to say. I appreciate the strong christian woman you are and the love and strength you show. You are truly a blessing to this family.

Jane H said...

Thank you Jamie for your sweet thoughts about Brad. We will surely miss him, but are so comforted in knowing he's no longer suffering and is having a great reunion with Brett. Thanks also for you and Doug coming over Monday night. Love you!

Jennifer said...

Jaime- this is Wighty, Jess's friend from Deloitte. You have such a beautiful tribute to your friend here. I've been following their blog for the past year with some friends at work- we were devastated when we heard of Brad's passing. I'm so sorry for your loss of a great friend- he was a great person, I felt like I had lost someone I knew when I heard.
Just wanted to say hi, check on you and tell you how graceful your tribute was.
Take care,
Jennifer Fiedler
(Wighty)